Saturday, August 25, 2012

Big Announcement!!!

"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, 
the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
are the children of one's youth.
Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them."
Psalm 127:3-5



Before you continue reading this post...please re-read the above verse carefully.

God's view of children doesn't exactly match up with our popular culture's.

Children are seen as a blessing most of the time, 
but only to a certain extent.
I mean, HOW MANY children makes a full quiver??

I think it's different for every family, 
but the truth is this:

Children are a REWARD.
Children are an INHERITANCE from the Lord.
Children are like arrows in a warrior's hand.
And we are blessed to be having MORE!

The reason I start with this is because
this is what God has been teaching me 
through His word the past several weeks.

It has been made evident that He is in control
of our family's size, and NOT us!
And we are to be so excited for the children
He brings our way.

That brings me to our big announcement....


I am 2 months pregnant!!
 
Yup.  Crazy. Scary. Unreal.
But real.
 
Definitely a surprise to us, as we are 
currently trying to bring our son home from Congo.
And it may actually turn out that both children come home within a couple months of each other!!!
 
How I sprung the news on Chris :)

So there it is.  We've been holding it in for over a month,
but with a healthy ultrasound
and hearing the baby's heartbeat every day 
on our doplar at home, 
we decided to share the good news :)
 
7 week ultrasound.  Great growth and heartbeat!
  So as Chris has reminded me,
as long as there is breath,
we praise Him.
I'll fully admit that I was very scared 
when I found out.

I mean, I'm almost 26...how can I all of the sudden
have FOUR children???  
THAT FAST?
I feel inadequate to raise TWO little souls 
at once!

But ya know what....
this is HIS plan, not ours.
The Lord never lets us forget that we 
are NOT in control, and we 
NEED to rest in Him and not on our own understanding.
(cuz let me tell you...I still don't understand it!)


So there it is.  Our big surprise :)
Please continue to pray for us.
We should be able to see our son's face in a matter of weeks now.
It seems like such a long waiting period,
but as you can see, God has kept us busy with other news.

You will now be kept up to date not only with our
adoption progress, but with my pregnancy progress as well!

I pray you all enjoy your weekend!!
I will do my best...with my Seabands on my wrist 
for morning sickness, and saltines beside my bed, 
and my husband who has been an absolute ANGEL in 
helping me through this rough period of pregnancy :)

4 comments:

  1. Angie, as soon as you started off your post with that verse, I had this strange feeling this was going to be a pregnancy announcement.... :) Congratulations to you and Chris!! Wow!! You sure are going to have your hands full. I guess it will sort of be like having twins... almost.

    Love and prayers,
    ~Camille

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, yup. Our hands (or quivers) are filling up quickly!! Thanks so much, Camille :)

      Delete
  2. Angie!! How exciting! I haven't had the "nerve" to ask Paul what would happen if we conceived while our adoption was in process (we began our HS this week!)....I guess C4C is okay with the pregnancy then? Praise the Lord! My children are currently 15, 10, 7, 5, 3, 2 and 2...and we are looking to adopt an infant boy or a sibling/twin set...all that to say that, YES, you can do so much more than you might think you can do! We went from four to seven children in 9 months....and are hoping to add more! :) Cannot WAIT til you have your referral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness!!! That is some FAST change!! And no, they have no issues with a pregnancy! (I checked right away :)
      Paul leaves in a day or two for Congo! Who knows...maybe he'll find a little one for us!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting