Saturday, April 6, 2013

He's HERE!

Our youngest son is here!
He's home!
He's healthy!
He's beautiful!
WE are blessed!

Two weeks ago, I delivered Jackson Porter Teagle
at 9:58a.m.
He weighed 8lbz 6oz
and was 19inches long.

We tried to keep his name just between our
close family and friends until he was born.
No particular reason except that we share pretty much
everything online and wanted to keep
something special :)

So his name has alot of meaning to us.
My dad's last name is Jackson.
I never had my dad's last name.
I wish I had, but we never made it legal or official.
My dad is 100% my dad,
however we do not share the same blood.
We have a very special relationship that started
when I was 4 and he married my mom.

So the fact that our son can carry my dad's name
when I never did is precious to me!

His middle name is from Chris's side.
Chris's dad's middle name is also Porter!
So we named our son after both our dads.

We love keeping it "in the family"!!


 
For those of you (mainly ladies)
that enjoy reading birth stories, I'll just give you a
quick run-down.

Friday the 22nd I started having consistent contractions
that were 10 minutes apart.
They started at about 2:00 and hadn't stopped by that evening.

We were at my parents' house for dinner, 
so I gave a quick call to the Dr. since we were in town.
They recommended I come to get checked and we
decided to do so before we drove back home
and put the girls to bed.

I had a scheduled c-section for March 26th already.
If I was in labor, the Doctor would obviously
perform the c-section earlier.

I hadn't dilated anymore than earlier in the week
when I saw my doctor, but my
cervix was definitely "thinning" more.

So he had us stay overnight to get plenty of fluids and see
if there was change in the morning.
There was, I had dilated another centimeter,
so my doctor knew that it would only
be a matter of time that day that I would
go into full hard labor.

So we got ready!
My last picture being pregnant!
The girls were still at my parents' house
and we let the family know
that our little guy would be sharing his sister's birthday!
(Noelle turned 2 that day!)

Everything went very smooth.
This time Chris watched a little of the surgery.
He actually saw the baby's head come out!!
We heard his first cry
and I felt the huge relief of him
being lifted out of me!

Over the next several hours, Chris and I
were again overwhelmed by God's grace.
It never gets old.
The miracle of a life that started inside me
and ended up in our arms
is truly amazing.

Can't get enough of him!
Daddy's first little man!
I forgot how cuddly a newborn is!
Joy, getting ready to take her new brother home!
My recovery from surgery was the easiest of the three so far.
However, I did have a spinal headache from the
spinal given to me before the surgery.
That lasted from Sunday through Wednesday
 and thankfully it slowly subsided by then.




We had some other struggles throughout the week
but the baby was NOT one of them.
He has been beautiful.
He sleeps really well when he's supposed to.
He goes down by himself without rocking.
He eats like a champ.
And he's so darn cute!!!!!

So now we're here two weeks after we met him
and things are feeling almost normal!

Today my brother, Joe came over and took some newborn pics.
I'll share a few here, but there are more on his Facebook page


He did a great job and we're super happy with how they came out!

So that's where our family is right now.
I'll definitely post more about our other son very soon :)

For right now, we are getting used to being a family of 5 before we get the next one!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting