Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Price Check!!

We received some news last night.
This pretty much changes everything we had in
mind as far as travel plans
to pick up Tobias.

Apparently, sometime in the last several
months,
Congo changed one of their adoption laws.
They now require BOTH parents to travel!

I don't know how we missed this change, but we didn't know about it until last night.

Our plan all along has been for Chris to travel by himself.
This was mainly because we THOUGHT that
Tobi would be ready either
while I was pregnant, or soon after having the baby.

Now, we are looking at September.
Jackson will be 5-6 months old when we're ready to travel.
I don't look forward to leaving a baby that young
for a week,
but it looks like God just might have orchestrated ALL
this together!!!

Imagine that!

If Tobias WAS ready to come home earlier, he would
have had to wait until I was able to travel.
But instead, God planned it to where WE have to wait
a bit longer,
but all for the better :)

His ways are much higher than ours.

This will change a lot for us.
I need to get my passport renewed.
Our cost will go up about $3,000 or so.
We will have to leave baby Jackson with someone while we're
gone for 7-10 days.
We have to address the fact that he will probably
need to be weaned by then as I do not know how
keeping up a milk supply would even be
possible in Congo (sorry for all those who think that's TMI).

But I get to meet Tobias WITH my husband!!
I've daydreamed about meeting him as they arrive at the
airport dozens of times.
Now I get to anticipate going through the entire
experience with Chris.
We're very excited!

So pray for us as we plan accordingly.
We'll definitely need to prepare Jackson for
being separated from us for that long.
And I'll need to prepare myself for leaving all
three kids as well :)

We know it will work though,
as HE has planned it out for us already!

So that's our big news!
Thanks again for being in this journey with us!

 

2 comments:

  1. I was so worried about leaving the boys when we went to go meet Deborah, and then a few months later when I went to go pick her up. But in all honesty, it was much easier than anticipated. You will be so busy with everything it'll go really fast! It's harder thinking about it than actually doing it. I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for God to provide richly and abundantly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting