Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A Little Closer to Congo



So right now we have a lot going on.
We returned last week from
a week away with Chris
while he had an intensive Seminary class.
We are getting ready for VBS.
Oh, we're adopting.
We're potty training Noelle.
And I got a cold on Friday!

But all these things (except the cold)
are so rewarding!

We had a great time staying in a hotel while
Chris was in class.
I was actually surprised at how much the girls
behaved and liked it!

There was even a class on his last day
that was for the seminary wives!
It was SO refreshing to be with like-minded
ladies whose husbands are, or will be in ministry.

AND there was child care!
:)
I had angel Jackson with me, 
but the girls
got to go play.

The last few weeks we've really just been
looking forward to Didier coming though!
I hope no one thinks we put him on a high pedestal.
I don't think we do.
He's a man of God that preaches the Word,
disciples men,
takes in and cares for orphans
and does A LOT of work to get them home.

It was wonderful to allow our church family to get
a glimpse of Congo through him.
He speaks of Tobias and it makes me tear up!
It makes me feel so much closer to him, yet so far away
at the same time.
You can listen to it here.

He sang a song for us in Swahili that was about
always being ready for The Lord's return.

The people received it as we hoped they would.
We really felt such a unity,
not only for wanting Tobias home.
But I pray it is also for adoption in general.
And for Congo.

When we finally DO bring Tobi home,
we don't want to look back on the year and half or so
and think that we're all done now.
That we've all done our part and have risen to the
call to care for the orphan.

This isn't a one-time thing.
We ALWAYS care.
We ALWAYS do what we can to help.
I can't WAIT for the next person we know to adopt!
I may not be able to write a big check,
but we'll do all that we can to assist!

And I really think that this process has
instilled that in most of our church body.
It is precious to see!

SPEAKING of helping!
haha
I'll give you a little update on our financial status.
We have about $3,300 left to raise.
Give or take.

The shirts have done really well!
We only have 6 Lrg shirts left and that's IT!
If you want one let me know soon!

We're looking forward to seeing how the rest
is provided by Him.
We received a check for $500 from a very special
friend recently.
What a generous surprise that was!
We are SO undeserving!

It looks like more changes in the process are ahead for us
as well!

We'll tell you more about it when it's set in stone :)

So that's all for now,
hope to have another update very soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting