Friday, November 22, 2013

Homemade Carpet Deodorizer!


So I'll start out by saying that I normally am NOT the "clean freak" of the house.

Anyone who knows our family knows that my husband normally assumes that role.

But I'm trying to be better and have a different household cleaning chore each day on my list to do....whether or not I actually get that chore accomplished is another story!

ANYWAY, I reeeeally needed to vacuum today.  My 8 month old has just started crawling and I know that means he'll find countless crumbs and tiny toys that will go straight into his mouth.

Growing up, one of my chores was vacuuming.  (Hated chores)  And we always had some type of powdered carpet deodorizer to sprinkle all over the carpets before we'd vacuum.  I love the way the rooms smell after doing that!

However, those powders contain chemicals that are dangerous to inhale!  AAAnnddd....if you've ever used them, you'll know it's almost impossible not to inhale it while you're sprinkling it out!

SO, here's a very easy, very quick way to make your own using essential oils and baking soda!

This is completely customizable, use whatever Young Living essential oils you have on hand!

What you need:


  • 1 Cup of Baking Soda
  • 5 Drops of Young Living Essential Oil of your choice
  • Container - I used an empty parmesan cheese container!  

*You can also use a mason jar with holes drilled into the lid.

*Or you can just put a piece of cardboard or cardstock or a paper bag scrap with holes punched in it and use it as a lid.

*Or you can use an old carpet deodorizer container!

*OR...use whatever else you might have that you can sprinkle powder out of!


Directions:

*Pour your baking soda into the container (You might need a funnel for this)


*Drop in your oil(s) of choice.


*And SHAKE!  Make sure it's mixed well, and there are no clumps.


Now sprinkle all over your carpets that your about to vacuum, let it sit a while if you can, then VACUUM it all up!

My house smells SOOOOO good right now!

I chose to use Purification, well, because I LOVE how it smells.
It is actually formulated to get rid of odor!  

If you diffuse it, any unwanted smells will be obliterated.
  
And if you put it in your carpet deodorizer, it will make your house smell amazing :)

I'll probably do Christmas Spirit next time!

Or Thieves!  That'll help kill any yucky stuff hanging around too.

Oh, or Peppermint!  

Ok...I'll probably use them all eventually :)


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting