Friday, October 11, 2013

Essential Oils - The Basics

(source)
Ok.  So a small handful have shown interest in this series!  

Great!

If for no other reason than for my own benefit, I'll be starting to share what I'm learning about these oils!

I find that I learn best by documenting and telling others!

So I'll start by saying this.

I am FAR from an expert.  Probably never will be!

I have not researched any other essential oil companies so I can't vouch for or recommend ANY other oils than the brand we are using, Young Living Essential Oils.  

If you choose to follow the same methods that we do with a different brand, you could have VERY different results that could possibly be harmful.

For now, I'm not going to document all the different ways that one can possibly use any of these oils.  They are endless!

What I'll do is simply share how our family has found use of them as we go...

Which will probably be every week...or day...or hour ;)

For today I'll give you some information about Young Living Essential Oils.

Young Living was founded by Gary Young in 1993 and developed his first organic herb farming and distillation operation.  As Gary developed more farmland in Utah and Idaho, he began cultivating lavender, peppermint, melissa, clary sage, and many other herbs. Fueled by a growing demand for pure essential oils, Young Living designed and built the largest, most technologically advanced distillery for the production of essential oils in North America. At the same time, their burgeoning company also developed the groundbreaking Young Living Therapeutic Grade standard, which preserves the integrity and potency of natural essential oils. source

What are essential oils?

Essential oils are the aromatic liquids found within shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, bushes, resins, and seeds.  These oils contain unique constituents that provide the therapeutic results.  By following their instructional guide, along with the instructions on each label, you can experience the amazing, health-promoting benefits of essential oils.  -taken from their product guide.

Most of us have experienced the incredible power of essential oils without even realizing it!  Plants play an important role in defending against insects, desase, and harsh environmental conditions.  Pure, unadulterated essential oils have many potential benefits and are used daily to enhance the lives of millions. - taken from "An Introduction to Essential Oils Every Day Essentials"

Why do they work?

Essential oils contain oxygen molecules which help to transport nutrients to the starving human cells. Because a nutritional deficiency is an oxygen deficiency, disease begins when the cells lack the oxygen for proper nutrient assimilation. By providing the needed oxygen, essential oils also work to stimulate the immune system.  -source

There is much for me to learn yet.  And I hope you will learn right along with me!

Tomorrow I will share how you can purchase the same oils that I have, what they are, and some of their helpful properties.

Then I'll start sharing how we've used them!!  I'm excited! 

Does anyone already use oils?  Please share!

Oh yea.  You'll also find this disclaimer on all my posts regarding essential oils! :)

Also read:
**How to Boost your Immune System with Essential Oils


DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. - See more at: http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2013/05/10-must-try-essential-oil-recipes-for-your-diffuser.html#sthash.Ycvw4KcB.dpuf
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. - See more at: http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2013/05/10-must-try-essential-oil-recipes-for-your-diffuser.html#sthash.Ycvw4KcB.dpuf

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or medical professional.  I simply make decisions on how to care for and improve the health of my own family.  None of the statements on my blog have been evaluated by the FDA and any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. 
DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor and the statements on this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease - See more at: http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2013/05/10-must-try-essential-oil-recipes-for-your-diffuser.html#sthash.Ycvw4KcB.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting