Monday, October 14, 2013

How to Boost your Immune System with Essential Oils



It's fall!!!!

I love fall.

I love the colors, the temperature, even the wind!  

I love pulling my sweaters and scarves out, wearing socks when I get out of bed, and talking about the changing color of the leaves with my girls.

It ALSO means that we start noticing our need for a stronger immune system!  

I've already mentioned in my first post about essential oils that the day after I received my starter kit I woke up with a COLD!  Or at least the start of one.

So I asked my best friend, who got me into these things which ones to use!

I started a regimen and it worked!  

So here's how to give your immune system a BOOST with Young Living Essential Oils.

At FIRST SIGN of immune system compromise:

THIEVES Essential Oil





Rub Thieves on the bottom of your feet.  Also, rub it on the feet of the rest of the family.  It will help support a healthy immune system for everyone!!  Do this several times each day until no longer needed.

Also diffuse Thieves 2-3 times a day until no longer neededThen continue once a day to protect the body and contribute to better overall health!

Sore throat?  Gargle a drop or two of Thieves in several drops of water, then swallow!  You can do this a couple times a day.

RC Essential Oil


Massage RC onto the bridge of your nose and onto sinuses above the eyebrows.  Always follow dilution instructions.  

I choose to put oil "neat" onto my face (without a carrier oil).  But start out diluting it with a little carrier oil (I use coconut oil) and go from there.  

Massage RC with your carrier oil onto your chest and back as well if you're at all in need of some lung, nasal, or sinus support.  Apply RC every few hours until no longer needed.

**This can be really helpful if the kiddos are up coughing at night!**

Diffuse RC after Thieves.  This will fill the air with the same benefits it provides when applied topically.!

PEPPERMINT Essential Oil

This stuff is so cool!  haha...literally!


Massage into the sinuses (make sure to avoid the eyes!), on forehead, and concentrate on the temples and the back of your neck if you have sinus pressure or some discomfort in your head due to that as well.  I really massaged this into my sinuses and it worked great!  I actually did this right after I put the RC on.  Again, follow instructions with carrier oils and use your discernment.

Massage Peppermint oil onto your chest also!  This can also help your cough!

You can also diffuse this!


LEMON Essential Oil



Put a drop or two in your water (ALWAYS use a glass container!  Essential Oils will damage plastic and literally draw the plastic out into your water!  Crazy!).

Lemon can help cleanse and reduce mucous.  (TMI, I know....but I can attest to the fact that Lemon does indeed CLEANSE!)


And of course, double up on Vitamin C AND D when needing an immune system BOOST!

So there ya go!  Sound better than popping pills?  Enduring the side effects of those?

Does to me!

All the oils listed EXCEPT for RC are included in the starter kit I told you about in this post.

Convinced?  I am!

If you haven't read them yet, here's the links to my previous posts:

**Essential Oils - The basics
**If you want to order some, read my post: Essential Oils - Why use Them and Where to Get Them!
**Christmas Spirit Essential Oil Giveaway!


 Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or medical professional.  I simply make decisions on how to care for and improve the health of my own family.  None of the statements on my blog have been evaluated by the FDA and any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting