Thursday, October 24, 2013

How to sooth occasional discomfort due to Tension or Sinus Pressure with Essential Oils!


Tension. Sinus Pressure

They are something that I've dealt with since I was in 3rd grade.  It has caused occasional headaches.  I've never needed glasses, we haven't ever really figured out why I've gotten them.

They seem to really pick up when the weather changes though...especially in the fall!

When a gloomy, cloudy day comes, even though I'd like to enjoy the cold day with sweats, hot cocoa, and comfy socks...I've come to also expect a headache to come along with it!

So, I have taken Tylenol and Motrin since I was 9.  Then when they pretty much stopped working for me, I graduated to Excedrin for a LONG time.  And sometimes I would take a combination of these on a very regular basis. 

Ya know the disclaimer that you read on certain pain relievers?  

The ones about damaging your stomach lining? 

Yea, I never took them seriously either. 

However, this led to me having constant heartburn and severe stomach pain, needing an endoscopy, and being diagnosed with gastritis.  I was prescribed medication and told I couldn't have ANY Excedrin or Motrin for months until my stomach lining healed up.

When a headache would come on, I just didn't know there were many other options to help.  Aside from taking MORE medications like DayQuil or Sudafed if the headache was due to sinus pressure.

WELL!

Now that I've discovered these little bottles of miracles that I shared about here and here, I've found a new way to help my sinuses and tension!

No side effects.

No medications.

NO pills!!!

Here are my three secret weapons:






R.C. 
R.C. is a blend that has 3 different types of Eucalyptus oils (that's what you smell in Vick's...except this is NATURAL!), peppermint, cypress, myrtle, pine, marjoram, and lavender oils. 
These together make an excellent tool to support healthy lung and sinus function. 
The majority of my headaches are SINUS headaches, which is why I frequently reach for R.C.  Aside from supporting sinus health, it has other health benefits as well!

Peppermint 
Jean Valnet, MD studied Peppermint's supporting effects on the liver and respiratory system and it is actually a driver, meaning that when used on top of another essential oil, it drives the previous one deeper and quicker into the body. 



PanAway
This is a blend of 4 essential oils that aid in soothing sore muscles due to exercise or occasional tension.  It contains peppermint, clove, wintergreen (you'll recognize this scent from creams like IcyHot), and helichrysum essential oils.

It was actually created by Gary Young following a severe injury to the ligaments in his leg.

  
So.  

How to get some soothing relief?

If yours is related to sinus issues, start with the R.C.

Rub a drop or two of R.C. into the sinuses along your nose, forehead, and temples.  Always follow dilution instructions.

Let it sink in for a minute, then follow with the Peppermint. 

*If yours is not sinus related, you can skip the R.C. and just use the peppermint, OR start with PanAway!

If not using R.C., get a drop or two of PanAway and massage it into the temples, forehead, and neck.  This is ESPECIALLY effective for tension.

Allow that to sink in for a minute before following with the Peppermint Oil.

Definitely follow dilution on this also.  It's great mixed with coconut oil for a massage to sooth minor aches and pains.

NOW.

After you've used R.C. or PanAway and let it sink in for a minute or two, take a drop of Peppermint and massage into the sinuses (if a sinus headache), forehead, and temples as well.

Then take another drop or two and rub into the back of the neck.  


When dealing with occasional tension, you can rub some into the shoulders also.  
       
 *PLEASE be careful with the Peppermint.  It is VERY strong.  Make sure to avoid the eyes, and you may need to keep your eyes closed when applying to the nose...the aroma can cause irritation.  Make sure to follow dilution instructions.  I do NOT have sensitive skin and apply both of these oils directly to the skin with no carrier oil.  But try it with a drop of some coconut or olive oil until you know how your skin will react.

You will feel the effects of the oils fairly quickly.  You'll feel the cooling effect of the Peppermint within 10-20 minutes and it can last a while!  

**If you feel it is necessary, it's ok to repeat any steps after 30minutes - an hour.


****Update****  Since writing this post, I have tried another oil that I just LOVE for these issues!  

Deep Relief comes already diluted with a carrier oil in a roll-on!  It's fitted with a roller ball for super easy application!

It's one of my new favorites for just about ANY sort of daily minor aches and pains!

This is a great alternative if you can't afford to replace the Panawy that comes in your Starter Kit!

There you have it. 

Using these oils have helped me just about every time I've needed it!  If I wait too long, then it does take longer to provide me some assistance.  Follow these steps as SOON as you think you may need some tension or sinus support so that it doesn't turn into a head-splitter!

The Peppermint and PanAway essential oils are both included in the starter kit if you haven't gotten one yet.

If you're interested in getting oils for you and your family, I gave the info on this post.

If you're still a little leary about all this and wondering if it really works, or wondering if this is the best brand to use, STAY TUNED!  I'm going to be hosting a GIVEAWAY soon!!!

Also check out these posts:


Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or medical professional.  I simply make decisions on how to care for and improve the health of my own family.  None of the statements on my blog have been evaluated by the FDA and any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting