Wednesday, February 5, 2014

How we use Lemon Essential Oil






Continuing in my Young Living Essential Oil series, I'll talk about another oil that I LOVE.

Lemon!


Lemon essential oil actually is cold pressed (most oils are distilled) from the rinds of lemons.

YL's Lemon Essential Oil is so concentrated, it takes 75 lemons to get one 15ml bottle of lemon essential oil!!!

Lemon oil is


It is very invigorating and refreshing!

Lemon consists of 68 percent dlimonene, a powerful antioxidant.

I love alot of YL's citrus oils because they are cheap because they are super versatile!

And here's how we use Lemon:

Good Morning!

I love to start the day with a glass of lemon water.  Before drinking anything else!  I just put a drop or two in my glass...and add water.  Really scientific...it's like my own little chemistry lab. (remember to ONLY use glass!)

Goodbye Toxins!

So, when you put a drop of Lemon EO in your water, and you haven't done this before, please be near a restroom that evening :) 

Lemon has a way of stimulating the digestive system and assisting the body in it's own natural detox process, so make sure you're drinking plenty of water throughout the day.

This process is good!  Just warning ya!

Boost your Immune System!

To go along with getting rid of toxins, YL Lemon Essential Oil will also assist the body in stimulating the immune system.  

So when I really need a boost to my body's natural defenses (something yucky is going around), I take the following capsule several times each day!

5 Drops of Thieves
3 Drops of Oregano
2 Drops of Frankincense (if I can afford it ;)
2 Drops of Lemon


Loosen Phlegm

Yea, no one really likes phlegm...or likes the word phlegm. But drinking your glass of Lemon water will also help to reduce mucous!  So if you have issues with that, make sure to keep Lemon a part of your routine and support your lungs and sinuses!

Balance PH

So another benefit of drinking your lemon water is that it can balance the ph in your body.  So if it's off due to eating too much sugar, starch, or other acidic foods, make sure to add lemon water to your morning routine!

Keep up your Metabolism

By taking a capsule of Lemon and Peppermint essential oils every morning (right before that glass of lemon water), you can really help kick start your metabolism!  I lost a couple pounds by doing this and nothing else!  
If you haven't taken oils in capsule form before, start with one drop of each and work your way up to 3-4 drops of each oil.

Clean!!!!

*Lemon is a natural disinfectant!  So add Lemon to a glass spray bottle and add some water and clean the counters!  It'll clean and make it smell super fresh!

*You can also add it to vinegar if you use that to clean instead.

*Another option is to add a few drops of Lemon EO to a cup of baking soda in a canister or jar. Mix well, then use it as you would comet cleaner!  I use it to clean my ceramic sinks!

*You can also make a great DIY "Soft Scrub" cleaner! 
Mix the following ingredients in a jar.  It should be the consistency of a soft paste. 
 


  • 3/4C Baking Soda
  • 1/4C liquid Castile Soap (Mine is made from this tutorial)
  • 1TBS water
  • 1TBS Vinegar
  • 5-10 drops Lemon Essential Oil


*Use Lemon Essential Oil to make your own carpet deodorizer like I shared in this post.

Spot-Treat Blemishes

I haven't tried this yet, but I know a lot of people use YL Lemon Essential oil to help with occasional blemishes.  Just use a tiny bit as a spot treatment, but AVOID SUNLIGHT afterwards!  Lemon is photosensitive...it will react with sunlight.

Goo Gone!

I have used Lemon EO to remove tough labels on just about anything!  I swear it works way better than Goo Gone!  

I have also heard that you can even use it to remove sticky residue from clothing...make sure to do a patch test first though.


Refresh


All citrus oils are known for their ability to refresh the mind.  When you need a "pick-me-up," simply place a couple drops in your palm, rub your hands together, and then cup them over your nose to inhale it.  Take several deep breaths and you'll notice a difference!

Diffusing Lemon EO will also work great for this purpose!

As with all our oils, we find new ways to use them every day!

Please remember that these recommendations are ONLY for Young Living Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils.

Make sure to check out other posts in this series:

A Day with Essential Oils
How We use Peppermint Essential Oil
How we use Thieves Essential Oil 
How we use PanAway Essential Oil
How we use Purification Essential Oil 

  

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or medical professional.  I simply make decisions on how to care for and improve the health of my own family.  None of the statements on my blog have been evaluated by the FDA and any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting