Monday, April 28, 2014

5-Day Nutritive Cleanse {RECAP}




So I finished my 5-Day Nutritive Cleanse two days ago and wanted to post a recap!

If you didn't read about the cleanse, you can check out my posts here:

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5

Some things to note.
Something that I forgot to mention in my posts was that the cleanse allows herbal tea!  You can drink caffeine free herbal tea and even sweeten it with Stevia!

So I did take advantage of that for a couple snacks.  I had Tazo's iced passion tea with stevia...it was so refreshing!

Another thing is that the cleanse suggest drinking water with each meal and snack.  And at one point I realized I wasn't drinking as much WITH my meals.  However, I also didn't share that I drink water ALL the time!  

That's mainly what I drink during the day, and last week was no exception.  So while I may not have an quite enough water during a specific time frame, I definitely got in the recommended amounts!

This is a gentle cleanse.  Some people freak out by the term "cleanse" and think they'll be in the bathroom all week!

This is NOT that kind of cleanse.  In fact, the pamphlet states that it is a gentle cleanse that should be utilized 4 times each year.

I would really like to do this again in the next few months!

Does it really taste good?
I can honestly say that I REALLY like the Balance Complete Shake!  I was so pleasantly surprised by the taste and texture!  No furry fiber like I get with many drinks that have high fiber content.  

I found that I liked mixing the powder with just water, or water and milk together, but I needed it to be ice cold, so I always added ice after mixing.

The easiest way I found was to use mason jars with lids to shake it up and then drink!

Weight Loss
So at the end of the five days, I lost a whopping 2 pounds.

Not very much, but more than I had lost by doing nothing!

I stated in my first post that I was not doing this for weight loss, but as a kick start to better eating that I hope WILL help me lose weight!

Did I binge?
The day after I was done with my cleanse (yesterday), I actually had another shake for breakfast.  I had some extra powder left, so I drank it!  I had no hunger before lunch either.

I was able to eat normal meal portions and reasonable healthy snacks as well.  I am very thankful to be satisfied with much smaller portions than before!

Did the cravings return already?
Nope!
 
Did I want some foods that I hadn't been able to eat before?  Yes.  

Did I crave them like mad?  No.

I am still not craving junk food, however if I see it, I'll probably want it.  That's just me!

I am determined to continue with this as I now have some momentum from that cleanse!  

Did I have a little gluten/dairy free brownie today?  Yes.  And I was satisfied to have one little one.

I know that's normal for lots of people...but not for me!

How do I feel?
I have to say, after eating kind of a late snack last night, I woke up feeling bloated.  I want to keep the eating to very little at night from now on...easier said than done!

I feel really good though, and trust me, I had no major gastrointestinal interruptions during the cleanse!  I can tell you that there were a couple days of a grumbly stomach and gas, and that it worked itself "out."  That's all I'm gonna say, but I think it was a good thing!

What now?
Well, I've started my petrochemical weight loss, which involves applying oils topically and ingesting them.

Once I get some kind of result I'll do a post about it.

I also mixed together my own version of Young Living's Slique Blend.  I have all the single oils that are in the blend, so I mixed them together in a ratio that was tasty and I'm putting it in my water!

I'm also trying to just eat healthy.  More fruits, veggies, proteins and less carbs and little to NO processed foods.  (ok, I still buy all natural organic boxed snacks)

I hope that my series has been helpful to some!  Let me know if you do Young Living's 5-Day Nutritive Cleanse and tell me how it goes!

Feel free to ask any questions!

 
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or medical professional.  I simply make decisions on how to care for and improve the health of myself and own family.  None of the statements on my blog have been evaluated by the FDA and any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
 

4 comments:

  1. Is the powder gluten free? I want to do this but want to make sure its gf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The allergen info on the container says "Contains dairy and soy ingredients".

      Doesn't mention gluten and I don't see any wheat ingredients...but customer service will be able to tell you for sure!

      Delete
  2. Just researching this stuff, I heard about it from a friend. Do you sell the 5 day cleanse? I'm having a hard time finding it...Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This can be purchased through me when you order from Young Living. But if your friend has tried it, she may be signed up already so ask her because you would be able to order under her instead! Definitely let me know if not and I'll hook you up! Livn4hersavior@aol.com
      Having said that, the cleanse is out of stock right now but should be back in the middle of September. However, each product can still be purchased separately which is what I ended up doing. 2 bottles of Ningxia Red, Balance Complete, and Digest&Cleanse.
      Feel free to email me if you have any other questions!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting