Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Young Living 5-Day Nutritive Cleanse {Day 2}


Today is my second day on Young Living's 5-Day Nutritive Cleanse.
If you haven't read yesterday's, start by reading that here as it explains more about why I'm doing this!


Day 2 recap

Breakfast:
  • 2oz Ningxia Red
  • Balance Complete Shake (I made mine with 6 oz water and 2oz almond milk)
  • Digest & Cleanse capsule
  • An extra 12oz of water
Snack:
  • Not needed

Lunch:
  • same as breakfast
Snack:
  • 1 apple
  • 2Tbsp raw almonds
Dinner:
  • Same as breakfast, but my shake was made with all water and no almond milk.
Snack:
  •  Raw celery and homemade almond butter

How I felt today:
I woke up feeling great actually.  Aside from the fact that I was on the couch with my 3 year old....and I had apparently slept wrong because I had a terrible neck ache!  

That could have been the source of my headache I had today. It could be a withdrawal type of headache the Nutritive Cleanse's pamphlet advised I might experience,  but it sure felt like it originated in my shoulder and neck.  

I applied Deep Relief and Peppermint a few times and after several applications, it finally left!


Back to the cleanse.
I'm glad to say that the meals really fill me up. And I'm not left feeling hungry after eating (drinking)!

Today I reeeeally wanted some food though. We went to the mall.  And while we still try to eat healthy there,  the smell of Panda Express, Subway's fresh bread and Taco Bell's bean burritos (haven't eaten there in months!) were calling my name!!

I brought my apple and almonds with me to have while I helped the kids eat subway and smoothies....not gonna lie....it was hard!  I seriously wanted my son's sandwich! 

But I didn't give in, and after eating my snack I was feeling better.

I had my shake on the way home from the mall and it really satisfied my hunger. 

Later tonight I do plan on having something small.  I can have celery with almond butter, so I'll probably whip up some almond butter for that!

The pamphlet does say that the cleanse is more effective if we skip the snacks.  So I'm hoping I can do that tomorrow.....that might just be wishful thinking.

Thanks for following along with me!!
See you tomorrow for day 3!

Read about day 3 here!
Read about day 4 here!
Read about day 5 here!

 Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or medical professional.  I simply make decisions on how to care for and improve the health of myself and own family.  None of the statements on my blog have been evaluated by the FDA and any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting