Thursday, April 24, 2014

Young Living 5-Day Nutritive Cleanse {Day 3}





I'm on day 3!  I made it half-way!

I know I've already said it, but I'm really surprised at how easy this has been!  Maybe not easy, but definitely not torturous!

I know 5 days doesn't sound like a long time, but for me, I knew that 5 days would probably be my max for such a restrictive cleanse.

I have trouble staying super consistent with really restricting diets and I was honestly a little afraid that I'd end up cheating! 

But I'm glad I haven't.

Last night I made some almond butter.  I had never tried almond butter before so I was really hoping that I'd like it!  I was so surprised by how easy it was to make, and how tasty it was!

I simply threw a cup of raw almonds into my food processor and processed until it was creamy!  

If you haven't tried almond butter, try it!

If you have tried almond butter, try MAKING it at home!

If you HAVE made almond butter at home...let me know if you have any unique recipes!   

And now here's how today went.

Make sure to check out Day 1 and Day 2!


Day 3 recap
 
Breakfast:
  • 2oz Ningxia Red
  • Balance Complete Shake (mixed with just water today)
  • Digest & Cleanse capsule
  • An extra 12oz of water
Snack:
  • Not needed

Lunch:
  • Same as breakfast
Snack:
  • Plain rice cake with homemade almond butter
Dinner:
  • Same as breakfast
Snack:
  •  1 orange
How I felt today:
Today was pretty good!  No headache today, which is great.  No cravings either!  I can't TELL you how awesome that feels!!!  I LIVE with cravings on a day-to-day basis.  So this is a huge relief. 

I am also finding that I am satisfied with such SMALL portions.  I'm not very good with portion control...never have been.

So to be satisfied with ONE rice cake with almond butter is pretty amazing to me.

As far as hunger goes, I did get pretty hungry around 2:00, which is when I had that rice cake.  I wasn't starving though.

A couple things I noticed this morning. 
  
  • #1: I forgot to take the Digest & Cleanse a few times!  

The pamphlet did say that the capsules were mainly for preventing cramping or excess gas caused by the fiber that's in the Balance Complete Meal Replacement shake.  I really hadn't experienced any of that (until today), so I think that's why I've forgotten about them a couple times.  I am noticing a little bit today (no cramping though), so I'll be sure to take one with each meal from here on out!


  • #2: I've been slacking on my water intake!  I'm supposed to drink all those ounces of water as directed with each meal and there's been a few that I've not drank enough for.

I'll make sure to be consistent with both of these for my last two days!

Another great day, I have no energy loss, no fatigue, no cravings, hunger pangs, or mood swings!

I'm definitely looking forward to eating more solid foods on Sunday though!  

Oh, and I wanted to mention that next week I'll be starting what is called a "Petrochemical Weight Loss or Detox".

I wanted to wait for that until after my cleanse.  

So watch out for that series next!

Read day 4 here!
Read day 5 here!




Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or medical professional.  I simply make decisions on how to care for and improve the health of myself and own family.  None of the statements on my blog have been evaluated by the FDA and any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

3 comments:

  1. Angie,

    I'm enjoying following along! Congrats to you for coming this far! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary!!! When I was considering the cleanse, I was disappointed how FEW detailed reviews I could find! Wanted to make it available for anyone else considering it :)

      Delete
    2. Your detailed reviews are wonderful! Will definitely help me when I do this (hopefully next month). Thanks again! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting