Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Young Living 5-Day Nutritive Cleanse {Day 1}



Today is my first day of Young Living's 5-Day Nutritive Cleanse.

What is the Nutritive Cleanse?
It's 5 days of replacing each meal with Young Living's Balance Complete Shake along with 2oz of Ningxia Red and a Digest & Cleanse capsule.

 
If snacks are necessary,  they list a few options but the pamphlet states that the cleanse is most effective without adding snacks.  The options are fruits like apples, oranges, blueberries, and grapes.  And other options are raw almonds or non starchy vegetables.  However, only 1 serving size per snack is recommended.

Why the cleanse?
The cleanse is not necessarily for weight loss (those of us who NEED to lose weigh,  most likely will...I hope).  The purpose is more to reset our junk food cravings and clean our digestive system out so that it can work more properly.

I have had a very hard time with food cravings for quite some time now.  Pretty much since having Jackson and going off dairy for several months while breastfeeding.

We've made a lot of food changes in our family the last several months as well.  I find that I am shopping for much healthier foods, not stocking our pantry with nutritiously empty snacks....yet I still crave them!  

I'd rather not eat anything then eat the healthy food in my house! It's crazy and really NOT a healthy way to eat....or not eat.

This also means that when I DO have a guilty pleasure in the house, it doesn't last long....because that's all I crave!
So I am really hoping this cleanse will help me get over these cravings and be able to enjoy fruits and vegetables more.
I am also hoping that it will kick start a long term diet change and weight loss journey.

We shall see!

So.

Day 1 recap

Breakfast:
  • 2oz Ningxia Red
  • Balance Complete Shake (I made mine with 6 oz water and 2oz almond milk)
  • Digest & Cleanse capsule
  • An extra 12oz of water
Snack:
  • Not needed

Lunch:
  • same as breakfast, but mixed 5oz of water with 3oz of almond milk for my shake
Snack:
  • 1 orange 
  • 1 TBSP raw almonds.  I was about to eat my entire hand while getting the fam's dinner ready, I was STARVING!
Dinner:
  • Same as breakfast
Snack:
  • 1 apple
How I felt today:
Let me start by saying today was a VERY stressful day. Noelle slept maybe 4 hours last night and was just an absolute mess today until her nap.  I can honestly say this has been the toughest few days of my life as a mom.  
The combination of very little sleep, a super cranky and itchy child, the added benefit that we are helpless and unable to soothe her, on top of her attitude once she gets out of bed is quite alot for us to handle.  We are praying this season is very short.
 
So...I'm really hoping the stress of the situation doesn't hinder any weight loss or bring in more cravings.

Oh, and about the shakes.  They are yummy!  I can add essential oils or fruit to them if I choose and I can mix the powder with water or any non-dairy milk of my choice.

The shakes are also pretty filling.  By the time afternoon hit, I hadn't had any cravings or real hunger at all.  

However, I DID notice how easily I grab food when I'm not hungry!!  From habit, I keep opening the cupboard to grab something to eat!

It's kinda weird not eating the food I prepare for the family when we sit down to eat, but I really don't feel deprived...yet.

By the time 4:00 hit, I was preparing dinner and I was pretty hungry.  First time really, all day.  So I had some raw almonds which held me over until I sat down with the fam and ate (or...drank).

The shake and NingXia filled me up again though and I'm typing this at 8pm.  I plan on having an apple later...however what I really feel like is a brownie a la mode!  Today was rough with Noelle and I am just praying the child SLEEPS tonight.  Only The Lord knows.

So glad that I didn't have any withdrawal type headaches today!  Felt normal!

Anyway, I also weighed myself this morning when I got up, so I'll update on whether or not I actually lose any weight while on the cleanse.

As always, if you'd like more information about Young Living, their amazing oils, or this cleanse, just contact me and I'd be glad to share!!

Read Day 2 Here!
Read Day 3 Here!
Read Day 4 Here!
Read Day 5 Here!
 
Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or medical professional.  I simply make decisions on how to care for and improve the health of myself and own family.  None of the statements on my blog have been evaluated by the FDA and any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

5 comments:

  1. I will be glad to hear your story and see how the week goes - I will add you to my prayers! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sent over from Oily Families. I'm going to follow you and see how this cleanse goes for my future reference. Sorry about your little one not sleeping. I don't know the background but I have found Peace & Calming to be miraculous in helping my 2 year old sleep and stay asleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by!!! Take a look at my previous post for that! http://itsamomlife.blogspot.com/2014/04/topical-steroid-withdrawal-6-months-in.html

      Delete
  3. Do you have to have the capsules to do this Cleanse I have everything else and want to start today! What would you take in place of the capsules?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't use them very often. They are in case of digestive upset from the rest of the cleanse...which I didn't really have.
      Do you have DiGize? If I were doing it again and didn't want to purchase Digest and Cleanse, I would take DiGize in a capsule if I experienced any upset.
      That's just my opinion though! The cleanse obviously consists of the Digest & Cleanse for a reason :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Template by Best Web Hosting